Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, My Dear Roman!

It was only a year ago that I was writing to Him:

Hi Roman, I saw on FB that today is your birthday, so I just wanted to stop by and wish you God's blessings and power for the work He has called you to do. Praying that you will draw closer and closer to Him and that He will use you in a mighty way to point people to Him! Keep inspiring people to love Him more! 

I had known Him for a little more than a week. I did not know him. But he was very friendly to me and kept writing to me on FB.

Today, a year later, not only did I get to tell him happy birthday in person and make him a birthday cake, but I could tell him how much I love him, how much he means to me and thank him for the things that God has been teaching me through him. 

So, Happy Birthday, my favorite guy in the world! I thank God for bringing you in my life at the right time, in the right way. I have no doubt that God was in all this and that He led us together.

Thank you so much for loving God more than you love me.

Thank you for showing me God's love like nobody else did before. And thank you for loving me unconditionally.

Thank you for being the leader in our relationship. Thank you for leading me to Christ and pointing me to Him when I am too absorbed of my own problems and difficulties.

Thank you for your determination to honor God in every aspect of our relationship. Thank you for guarding my purity and for being determined to save our first kiss for our wedding day. You keep telling me that you want God's full blessing on our relationship, not only part of it. And I respect you very much for this.

Thank you for teaching me what humility is. When people are unreasonable, when they are demanding, when they accuse you, when they criticize you and never appreciate you, when they treat you badly, you do not answer back, you are not defensive. You admit your mistakes (if you have done any) and you ask for their forgiveness. I know that this is only His power in you and I can only praise God for the strength that He is giving you.

Thank you for not being afraid to admit your mistakes. And thank you for not trying to find excuses.

Thank you for teaching me forgiveness. You forgive not only those who ask for forgiveness, but also who never admit they have done something wrong, those who always find an excuse for their mistakes, those who point fingers at you even though it is their fault. Thank you again for allowing God to work in you!

Thank you for teaching me unconditional love. First of all, you love me with all my mistakes. And you love those who are not easy to love. Thank you for loving those who hurt you, those who are difficult, those who are only demanding, but never offering, those who criticize you, those seem impossible to love. I once found it impossible to love these kind of people, but God has been changing that and I trust that "He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ".

Thank you for teaching me temperance in all areas of life. Somehow when I am with you it is so easy to be temperate and I praise God for this.

Thank you for not being complicated, for living a simple and healthy life.

I know that you do not do any of these through your power. It is God's power in your weakness that is made perfect!

So, I thank God with all my heart for you, my dearest Roman. And I thank God that I can see Jesus in You. He truly knew what I need. And He made the best choice for me. There is no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with. So I am looking forward to being married to you and to serving God with you. I know that we will continue to grow and draw closer to Jesus. And I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment