Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Missing Guyana...

Today is again one of those days when I terribly miss Guyana (by the way, it happens pretty often:). I have read again some news from Guyana and I'm Guyana sick again. Everytime I hear something about the beautiful life from Guyana I long soooo much to be back there. Some people told me that if I spend some time in Romania I will forget all about Guyana and I won't want to go back to the jungle life. But from what I can see the effect is the opposite. The longer I stay here, the more I want to go back. The longer I taste from the vanity of the civilization, the more I want the simplicity of the jungle life. There is nothing more wonderful than to wake up in the morning hearing the baboons giving a concert, to go to the river to wash my cloths, to cook over an open fire, to go and work in the garden, to haunt for bats, to go and watch soccer on Sundays afternoons... and the list can go on and on. Yeah, this is the life that I love. Just a couple of night ago I dreamed that was back in Guyana and I was sooo happy! I hope and pray this dream will soon come true. I know God can make it possible prividing the finances I need in order to be back in the land of my dreams and to reach out again to those people who need so much to hear about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment