Sunday, November 13, 2011

GreaThings 2011: R is for the Capacity to Reflect and to Remember




Today, I am thankful in a special way that God gave us the capacity to reflect and remember. Life is not always a bed of roses and it does not seem to give us the best. But, as we go also through the valley of shadows, reflecting on what He did for us and remembering how He led us in the past gives us the power to hang in there and wait on Him. And it also give us the assurance that He will come through for us.

Someone once said: "We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history."

So I praise the Lord that I can reflect on His mercy and goodness and love toward me, and this gives me great joy and hope for the future. And I also thank Him that I can remember the countless times He parted the Red Sea for me. I know that He will do it again in His own time!

1 comment:

  1. These are two things that I am very grateful for as well. And the quote is a favorite. I think this is probably one of the biggest reasons I write...is so I don't forget how good and faithful He has been. :) Thanks for joining GreaThings!

    ReplyDelete