Monday, May 9, 2011

In His Presence...

I have to admit that is has been a while since He spoke to me in such a direct manner. But He did it again, as He always does when I need Him to. Not that I wanted an answer from Him, not that I was asking Him to show me the way... I just asked Him to let me know that He is near.

So, He came to meet me, and to give me answers I was not looking for. But I know now that I needed them so much. He was here and I could feel His presence. That is why tears were present. Because, whenever He is there, my eyes cannot be dry. Looking back, I realize that lately I haven't cried because I was heart broken. Every time I cried it was because He met me. His love is simply too wonderful and too amazing and my eyes cannot remain dry.


Anything is a blessing, which makes us pray! (Charles Spurgeon). This is one of the things that He told me Sunday morning. Such a message... for such a time... So, He made me be thankful for my trials. And I really am. I do not feel comfortable in the midst of turbulences, but I am so thankful for them. 'Cause they bring me on my knees.


And I am also thankful for the great people He is using to talk to me and to touch my heart. I was challenged to reevaluate my priorities this week. Oh, how I needed this... Living in the civilized world, being surrounded mostly by people who do not share my values can make me forget what I am living for. That's why He is so nice as to remind me that life is more than being surrounded by friends, feeling good and enjoying my time. And that is why He needs to remind me that I am still a missionary. Listening to Martin Kim sermon: Lord, Teach Us How to Pray is what I needed the most last Sunday morning. Wish my words could express the blessings I have received through it and what has really meant for me. But I guess that only my heart knows the joy and blessings it brought to my soul.


I had great plans for this summer... Taking a trip with my youth group and enjoying my time by the seaside was the highlight of the summer. What is better than being with friends and enjoying your time? Yet, He reminded me that there are better things. That is why He made me give my plans up, so I can do something meaningful. What is that? I am not very sure right now, but I know that it is going to be something great.


I am really excited for what He has in store for me. His plans are simply great.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new look Raluca... fresh and inspiring....although I loved the sunset picture too!!! Thanks for sharing here.... I enjoy reading about the things God is teaching you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mel! I enjoy reading your blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete