Friday, November 7, 2008

The Dawn Is Breaking


"We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history."

As I am still waiting, I realise more and more how important it is to remember how the Lord worked in my life in the past. In fact, I've focused on several things lately: one is to discover why the Lord is keeping me still in Romania, another is those weakness, black spots on my character that I need to get rid of, and that the Lords wants to reveal to me in this process of waiting. Then I tried to remember how He led me in the past. In fact, I've been blessed with friends who reminded me of the wonderful ways God led me so far.

As I've been meditating on all these things, I've made amazing discoveries... I've spotted again things that are keeping me away from Him, Satan's nails in my life. I have also found some of the reasons God is still keeping me here. Though it is hard to wait, I cannot but exclaim: marvelous are Your works, Lord.

It's been three years since the Lord started an intense course with me. Three years of shaping and molding like never before. I discovered that the jungle can be a perfect classroom for such a course. There are so many things I have learnt in these three years. One of most recent things He's been teaching me is to accept my faults and ask for power to overcome them. It is not easy to accept your mistakes and weaknesses in front of other people and to thank other people for pointing your faults out. But as the Lord has worked hard on this aspect, I finally had to say: OK, Lord, I agree. Your way is the best. It is so wonderful to see how the Lord is using situations and people to help us be who is wants us to be.

Three years ago, when the Lord called me to teach at Davis Indian Industrial College, I was somehow reluctant. I have never thought I will be a teacher because I never wanted to be a teacher. I have always thought I am not good for teaching thought I have never taught. But I had to to what the Lord asked me to, and I fell in love with teaching.

Last week, if you asked me what do I think about bible working, I would have told you that is an amazing way to spread the Gospel, but it is not for me. Today, when I received a call to bible work somewhere in Guyana, I realised that I have never done it, so I cannot know if it is for me or not. I'm still praying for guidance, and my heart is warming up at the thought of going back to my beloved Guyana. Maybe the Lord is calling me again to something I have never done, to show me I am good at it and that I love to do it. So, it I think that the night is almost over and something great is ahead of me. No matter what it is, it will be great because this is the Lord's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment