Friday, January 16, 2009

He Cares.. He Really Does...

I was sure that today I will be breaking the so-long-waited news: visa granted or not granted. In fact I hoped to be able to say: visa granted! But it seems the Lord has some other plans.

I woke up this morning and I spent time with the Lord. I have read from the Bible and Patriarchs and Profets about David - I just continued my study from where I left it yesterday. While I was meditating, I started thinking about David who was anointed when he was just a little kid and who became a king only when he was 24. In fact, he became a king only for Judah at the age of 24. Only when he was 30 the Israel accepted him as a king. What was in between? Playing the harp for Saul, killing Goliath, running away from Saul, befriending Jonathan. In fact, most of this in-between time David was chased being insecure and trying to save his life. And I couldn't help wondering why. Why did he have to run away when he was the king in God's eyes? Why did he have to have such a life when he was the one God anointed? Why did God alow him to live such a cruel life for such a long time? Just think that there were not just a few months.. there were years...

Having this in mind I started my day not knowing that God had a special message for me that I was going to understand later in the day.

When I called the embassy I had butterflies in my stomach. In fact, the whole week I could hardly eat. I could feel the stomach ache but I had no desire to eat, I felt even nauseated. I talked to the lady at the embassy and she told me she hasn't seen the invitation. Call back next weekend...I tried to talk to her see if there is any chance that I should know earlier if she found the invitation but she was very determined so I had to give up.

Then, as I was cooking today, David's story came again to my mind - and I finally understood why the Lord had me meditate on David's life this morning. If David waited for years to get what he knew it is his, what the Lord has promised Him, can't I wait a few months? I cannot tell you what a joy brought to my heart to understand the fact that God warned me, He wanted to prepare me for what was going to happen and to give me hope... Some will call it coincidence but I call it the LOVE of my Father.

You know, it is not the first time when God warns me. It is also not the first time when he uses David's story to answer a prayer, to give me direction and hope. But more about this tomorrow...

Happy Sabbath everyone!