Friday, January 16, 2009

The Promised Stories - First

Three and a half years ago I was working as a secretary, not being happy at all with what I was doing. But since I knew the Lord had brought me there (that's another whole story), I couldn't leave without having the assurance that God wants me to leave. I remeber as now that on the 3rd of June, 2005 I was reading my Bible in the morning and I read from Isaiah 43:18-19: “Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert."

I had been praying for guidance for some time and it seemed that God is quiet and not making His will known to me. As I was reading these verse something deep inside me told me: "This is for you. This message is especially for you." I didn't know what it meant. I didn't know why it is for me and what is it telling me but I new it is for me.

A few hours later I was in my office checking my emails when I saw a new email from the principal of the school I was working for (who was also a good friend of mine). In short, the message was telling me that I am fired. The school board decided they do not have enough money to afford to have a secretary. So, starting with the 1rst of July I was jobless. Do you want to know my first reaction? Panic. I really, really paniced. It took some time to remember the verses I had read that morning but thanks God, I did eventually remember. The result? Peace. I knew my future is in His hands. I knew He told me just that morning to forget about the former things because He is making new things for me. What were those new things I didn't know. It took 4 months to understand His new plans for me and another month to get there. Five months later I was on my way to start a whole new life in a new place, new culture, new climate... That's when God brought me to Guyana -the best years, the best time, the best experience ever.